Designed to provide greater stability and less trauma.
ENDOPATH® XCEL™ Bladeless Trocars are:
- Stable – the stability sleeve cannula’s integrated thread design provides greater abdominal wall retention and minimal trocar slip-outs.*
- Reliable – maintains abdominal insufflation while accommodating compatibility with a wide range of instruments (4.7mm to 15.7mm).
- Innovative – the bladeless tip separates, rather than cuts, along tissue fibers, pushing tissue and vessels away.
- Easy to Use – direct visualisation eliminates blind entry by enabling visualisation of tissue layers during insertion†.
- Efficient – designed with a low profile housing and seal to eliminate instrument hang-ups and low system drag force for lower peak instrument insertion/extraction force.1
The ENDOPATH® XCEL™ Bladeless Trocar is a sterile, single-patient-use instrument consisting of an obturator and a radiolucent sleeve, with an optional pistol handle.
The 5mm, 11mm, and 12mm diameter obturators accommodate an appropriately sized 0º endoscope and provide visibility of individual tissue layers during insertion. The 8mm and 15mm devices do not provide optical entry capabilities.
- Obturator – bladeless obturator allows for optical entry. It separates, rather than cuts, along tissue fibers, pushing tissue and vessels away.
- Trocar Sleeve – contains two seals: an outer integrated removable self-adjusting seal that accommodates instruments ranging from 5mm to 12mm in diameter where indicated, and an internal seal. Together, these two seals minimise gas leakage when instruments are inserted or withdrawn through the trocar.
- Stability Sleeve – cannula with integrated thread design for fewer trocar slip-outs and increased abdominal wall retention by 89%.*
- Durable Seal – device maintains abdominal insufflation while accommodating a wide range of instrument sizes (4.7mm to 15.7mm).
- Low System Drag Force and Low Profile Housing – housing and seals reduces instrument hang-ups and provide low-peak instrument insertion/extraction force1. Low profile housing enables further instrument reach.*
- Bladeless, Optical Tip – direct visualisation of tissue layers eliminates blind entry insertion.
- Funnel Lead-In – enables smooth, one-handed instrument exchange.1
- Release Lever – unlocks housing to facilitate large specimen removal.†
- Recessed Stopcock Valve – compatible with standard Luer lock fittings and provides attachment for gas insufflation and desufflation. Mitigates inadvertent opening/closing of valve during surgery.